Books closed. They will re-open in January, 2018.
In the meantime, check out our new PVD coating service!
This Cerakoting service is being offered in Greenville, SC and surrounding areas. We are also offering this nationwide through our mail-in knife Cerakoting service! If you need your knife refinished this is a great option as NIC Industries offers over 100 colors and the processing temperature is quite low at only 250°F. It is one of the most durable paints on the market and will not flake or chip.
So what is Cerakote? Well, chances are if you are on this page you already know what it is as well as it’s benefits. Please check out a few of the videos below for a detailed comparison between Cerakote, Gunkote, Durakote, etc. ” Cerakote is a ceramic based finish that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness. Each of these properties is rigorously tested to guarantee that Cerakote products remain at the foreforont of the ceramic coatings market. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real world applications.” (NIC Industries)
We have painstakingly researched the proper setup and procedure to ensure the absolute BEST Cerakote application to provide the longest lasting, most durable finish to your knife.
We only offer Cerakoting Services for knives at this time. All Cerakoting is done w/ the H series Cerakote unless otherwise discussed, as that is one of the most durable finish Cerakote makes.
Keep in mind sharpening will need to be done after this process as the application will dull the edge somewhat. Please note that this is also an excellent time to have your blade reground so it cuts well again, or to have any other blade/custom work done prior to the coating.
Fixed Blades (single color, no taping off of parts)
- Up to 4.9″ overall length – $30
- 5″-9.9″ overall length – $40
- 10″-13.9″ overall length – $50
- 14″-17.9″ overall length – $65
- 18″-21.9″ overall length – $80
- Scales – $20
- Scale screws – $10
- If parts need to be taped off (i.e. non-removable handles) then add $10 to the above price
- Additional colors (bi or tri-tone) add $10/color
- Disassembly/reassembly of handle – starts $5 or you can do this yourself. If screw(s) are stuck or need to be replaced then there will be an additional fee.
- Stripping off the existing paint may cost extra, please check ahead of time if you are concerned about this.
Folders (single color) – see “package deal” below for price on an entire folder! Note: Disassembly/reassembly may be required and will incur a fee of $30
- Blade only (up to 5″) – $35
- Scales only – $45
- Single scale only – $30
- All hardware (pocket clip, screws, spacers, etc – does NOT include scales/liners) – $35
- Package deal (entire knife, includes blade, 2 scales/liners, and hardware. Note: if liners AND scales then add $15 to this price) – $100
- Additional colors (bi or tri-tone): add $10/color
- Disassembly/reassembly/lube – $30 for most knives, or you can do this yourself and send me the parts. The thumb stud will need to be removed as well.
- Custom patterns/stencils are quoted individually.